Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Displaying Buttons For Sale

I saw this idea in a shop in Newburyport, MA and thought... 

What a great idea! 

Nobody takes a second look at the buttons in my shop, maybe now, they will!


I have all this great royalty free clip-art on my computer, 
I'm sure The Graphics Fairy has a lot to chose from too!


I made all the images about 3 x 5, some smaller, but all 3" wide. 
I printed as many as I could get on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of white card stock.


I cut them all to size using a cutting mat, exacto knife and metal ruler.


I then cut out pieces of cardboard from a box I had in my recycling bin, using pinking shears. I then glued the card board onto all the backs of the cards for extra support using a glue stick.


I chose buttons for each card, 
depending on their shape and color.
This was a perfect match!


How adorable!


I sewed the buttons on from the back, 
(you only see the thread on the back)
first using a small hole puncher to make life easier.


What do you think?




4 comments:

  1. They look amazing! What a great idea. If I were there I'd buy LOADS of those buttons :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so professional! And so irresistible! I can't wait to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your buttons look great and I agree I think they are realy going to get noticed with these great vintage cards. Thanks for stopping by In His Grip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great idea. I love vintage images!! Do you make or resell your beautiful buttons?

    Amy at Maison Decor asked me to follow you so here I am. Would you please check out my blog too? Thanks,


    Katharine @ Kat's AlmostPurrfect World
    http://katspurrfectboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message I love reading them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails