Sunday, October 31, 2010

Living Room Nook


This is my new favorite little "nook" in the living room, 
thanks to my friend Amy (Maison Decor) for 
giving me this awesome black toile slip covered wing back chair!

I love it!
Isn't it pretty?


This handmade throw goes perfectly!
I picked it up at a thrift shop for $3! Never used!


This painting of hangs above the chair.

My friend, Gloria Najecki, who is an 
AMAZING Pet Portrait Artist 
painted this picture of my Bengal, Myers. 
A special gift flown in from Fort Myers, FL from my Dad.
Four years ago my little monster was hit by a car and killed.
Strangely it happened on my Dad's birthday.
I was completely crushed and still miss him.

Because of Gloria's ability to capture an animal's spirit in 
her paintings, I get to enjoy my special kitty everyday!

Thank you Gloria!



I love boxes and have them all over the place in my home.
They make for great storage!
The top three are antique boxes that parts of machinery or tools came in.
The bottom one is an antique bread box, $5 at a yard sale.


I also tend to collect things that have to do with sewing, 
hence the old wooden spools. To me, they are like little pieces of art!


I also have a small collection of pitchers.


Aren't they just darling?

This picture is of my Mom, she looks like a little doll, doesn't she?


 Here is my collection of bowling pins
sitting in a metal basket just outside the hearth.
I am planning on making over my fireplace/mantle at some point!


The iron was my Grandmother's and has always sat on the hearth.
The limestone frame was dug up steps from the ocean on a friend's property when they 
were putting in a new tennis court, I think he was a little reluctant to let me keep it : )


My new favorite little nook!

I would love to hear your comments, I need followers too!!!!





12 comments:

  1. Hi Bridget~ I love your little nook!! It is so inviting! The toile covered chair, the bowling pins in that little basket, the stack of boxes-it's all beautiful! I host a decorating inspiration party at my blog on the weekends- Feathered Nest Friday- if you would like to join in sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your reading nook, it looks very homey! It sounds like we have a lot in common, I like taking furniture that nobody wants anymore and refinishing them!! I'm new to your blog and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never known anyone to collect bowling pins...what a neat idea...Love this corner!

    Stop over to enter a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Especially love your wire basket with the bowling pins. Very neat stuff.

    Partying with you tonight at Cindy's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at the bowling pins! Coming over from Cottage Instincts and a happy new follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with everyone else! Who collects bowling pins??? That is very cool! Glad the toile chair has a happy home now and still gets to live in NH!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your little nook. Great chair and slip and great accessories, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bowling pins. Coming over from Amy's (Maison Decor). She's told me about you before. Cute blog! I'm your newest follower!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower! Love the bowling pins! The slip cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there Bridget~ back again to say thanks for joining Feathered Nest Friday with this beautiful nook!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your style!!! the bowling pins and pitchers are especially awesome. thanks for stopping by and checking out my wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so interesting! I don't believe I've truly read a single thing like this before. So good to discover someone with genuine thoughts on this issue. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This site is something that's needed on the internet, someone with a
    bit of originality!

    My web page ... monthly cleaning in plainfield

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message I love reading them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails