Monday, March 14, 2011

Now a Happy Hope Chest!


This hope chest was brought in by one of our customers to get a "makeover".


Here's the before, don't you just love the hardware? 
(Being sarcastic, of course!)


And this fabric?
These are all things she wanted changed, along with a new paint job!


I started by taking off all the old hardware and removing the top.
I filled the double holes where the hardware was and drilled a new single one.
Then I primed.


She wanted the chest painted in our pretty light aqua blue, then distressed. 
We added crystal knobs for an updated shabby chic look.


I recovered the top in a light colored canvas, keeping it simple so her room
wasn't too busy. I also made her some accent pillows (which I neglected to take a pic of) using the same canvas and some vintage material that she has on a chair in her room.

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!
    What a great re-do!!
    Really, really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is incredible. I remember those expensive hope chests back in the day (30 years ago) and they were quite prized. But aren't they ugly by todays standards? You gave a hopeless chest a new life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a transformation..I love it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a totally different piece of furniture. You did such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I almost can't believe it is the same piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job and you gotta love that early 80s heart pattern ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, you did a fabulous job!
    Thanks for linking!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, you are a talented lady! Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charming. You have an amazing talent! love what you turned this into. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, much better...I bet your customer was thrilled :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous! it went from ugly and outdated to beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an incredible transformation! Love it! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is gorgeous! I love it! you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. That's absolutely amazing! I love the new look and know the owner does too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message I love reading them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails